Sunday, October 28, 2007

WANTED: New logo for Bits & Pieces

I’ve been thinking about creating a new logo for Bits & Pieces, but just haven’t really had the time to work on it.  So, if there are any budding artists out there that would like to create a logo for this website, I’d be forever grateful…. well, grateful for a little while anyway (forever is a long, long time).


What I’m looking for is a .jpeg file with one or two colors… not too complicated.   I’d like to have a few T-shirts made up with the logo on them.  So the design would have to be able to be screenprinted (hence the not too complicated part).  That means no gradients, blending of colors, etc. 


It should include:



Title:  Bits & Pieces
Tag line:  We scour the web so you don’t have to.
Size:  3–6 inches long and not too tall (just not too large)
Colors:  One, two or maybe even three…but no more.


Payment for a design that I would use, would be a free T-shirt (in the size of your choice) when they’re printed  and mention here on Bits & Pieces.  Yeah, I know…  I’m a big spender.


So, don’t spend too much time on it because the benefits aren’t that great, but if you’re just looking for something to do then give it a shot.


I’m not even sure how I’d display it with Blogger, but I’ll get to that if and when the time comes.


Send all entries to 1bitsandpieces@gmail.com


All entries become the property of Bits & Pieces.  If we don’t select your design, don’t feel bad.  It’s not you… it’s just my pool lack of judgement.   Your design is probably the best one anyway.

6 comments:

Eugenio said...

I´ll try it, but I think that 6 inches is too small for print later in order to make the T-Shirt.

Anonymous said...

I don't tink you should change the Logo

Jonco said...

Eugenio,
Good point. I guess it should be scalable.... larger for the shirt yet small enough for a title.
Good thing you're thinking clearly.
Thanks
Jonco

Unknown said...

I'd try it, but is rather busy this week sadly.

For the t-shirt have the original .AI file sent in. (Adobe Illustrator)
Then you can tell the printing company exactly the size you want on the t-shirts. Or a scale-able .pdf file.

Dempsey said...

Try asking at http://freelogo.blogspot.com, I've got a few great logos from there :)

Anonymous said...

I think your current logo is plenty fine and unique. Just my 2c. You are doing a good job with your blog and whatever you do will be fine.