Saturday, June 09, 2007

Airport security confiscates drink but not knife

Nickwhiteku9A UK man on vacation managed to take a seven-inch knife on board a plane, moments after his 13-year-old daughter had a bottle of fizzy drink confiscated by security staff.
Nick White realized that he had the lock knife in his pocket as he reached the security gate at Birmingham Airport in the United Kingdom.
So he put it though the scanner with the rest of the contents of his pockets - and to his surprise, security staff failed to spot it.But his daughter, Shannon, was not so lucky because they confiscated a soft drink from her as part of increased security measures at the airport.
Mr White, 45, from Ladle End Lane, Walton-on-Trent, said: "I'm a joiner and use my knife for work. I just forgot it was in my pocket and when I realized, I didn't want to give it up."
"I couldn't believe it when my knife got through the scanner. Staff didn't even seem to be looking properly. It wasn't in a case and doesn't look like anything else. You can tell it's a knife".


via

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This doesn't surprise me at all. I know someone who always gets through security with a lighter in her purse. I know screeners have to follow rules, but they shouldn't forget "yesterday's" dangerous items for "today's."