Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Service

At one time in my life, I thought I had a handle on the meaning of the word "service." "The act of doing things for other people."
Then I heard these terms:


Internal Revenue Service
Postal Service
Telephone Service
Civil Service
City/County Public Service
Customer Service
Service Stations


And I became confused about the word "service."   This is not what I thought "service" meant.
Then today, I overheard two farmers talking, and one said he had hired a bull to "service" a few of his cows.
BAM! It all came into perspective.
Now I understand what all those "service" agencies are doing to us.


via

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Excuse me....I hope you enjoy your mail service and just be glad i am NOT your mailman :)

Jonco said...

My mail "service" has been fairly decent... except for a time when I had a lazy-ass carrier who was too lazy to get out of his vehicle and ring my bell when he had a package that wouldn't fit into my mailbox. I was home all day waiting for the package (most likely an electronic goodie I'd purchased online).
And besides.... this is really more of a joke than anything. Lighten up a bit.

Anonymous said...

The loser that attempts to deliver our mail makes about 2 or 3 mistakes per week. I have to take a neighbor's mail to him or have one of the neighbor's deliver mine that was left at their house. I thought literacy was a prerequisite for a mail carrier?