Monday, March 05, 2007

Perjury


Two very elderly friends, Max and George, met in the park every day to feed the pigeons, watch the squirrels and discuss world problems. One day George didn't show up, Max didn't think much about it, figured maybe he had a cold or some such.

But after George hadn't shown up for a week or so Max really got worried. However, the only time they ever got together anymore (they used to play a lot of golf together) was at the park, and Max couldn't remember where George lived so he was unable to find out what had happened to him.

A month passed and Max figured old George had gone to his heavenly reward, but one day Max approached the park and, lo and behold, there sat George!

Max was very excited and happy to see him and told him so! Then he said, "For crying out loud George, what happened to you???"

George replied, "I have been in jail.

"Jail???," cried Max!! "What in the world for???"

"Well," George said, "You know Sue, that cute little blonde waitress at the coffee shop where we sometimes get coffee?"

Yeah" said Max, "I remember her. What about her?"

"Well one day last month she got mad at me and to get even, she charged me with rape. I was so proud of what everyone would think an old fart like me could still do, that when I got into court, I pled 'Guilty'. The judge then took a good look at me and gave me 30 days for perjury."

via

Tags:

No comments: