Friday, January 26, 2007

Why it's IMPORTANT to understand English

When I got back from vacation last month I had a bunch of Canadian dollars I needed to exchange, so I went to the currency exchange window at the local bank. 
    
Short line...Just one guy in front of me...an Asian guy who was trying to exchange yen for dollars... he was a little irritated! 
    
He asked the teller, "Why it change??  Yestoday, I get two huna dolla for yen.  Today I get huna eighty?? Why it change??" 
    
The teller shrugged her shoulders and said, "Fluctuations". 
    
The Asian guy said, "Fluc you white people, too!"

Thanks Joe P

 

Tags:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Although it's meant to be a light joke, I can't believe there are still jokes circulating around about Asian accents. I find it very offensive to Asians, those who have accents, and even those who don't.