Monday, October 23, 2006

What retired people do with their time...

Ever wonder how retired people spend their day?  Here’s one example:

Working people frequently ask retired people what they do to make their days interesting.

 Well, for example, the other day I went into a shopin Blue Ridge, GA. I was only in there for about 5 minutes and when I came out there was a policeman writing out a parking ticket.

 I went up to him  and said, "Come on, man, how about giving a senior citizen a break?"

 He ignored me and continued writing the ticket. I called him a "jerk." He glared at me and started writing another ticket for having worn tires.  So I called him a "pig-headed creep."  He finished the second ticket and put it on the windshield with the first.  Then he started writing a third ticket.   This went on for about 20 minutes.  The more I abused him, the more tickets he  wrote.

Personally, I didn't care.  I came downtown on the bus and the car that he was putting the tickets on had a bumper sticker that read, "Jeb Bush in  '08."

 I try to have a little fun each day now that I'm> retired. It is important at our age.

Thanks Joe P

No comments: