Saturday, September 09, 2006

Steve Irwin quotes

Steve"Crikey means gee whiz, wow!"

"When I see what's happened all over the world, they're looking at me as this very popular, wildlife warrior, Australian bloke. And yet back here in my own country some people find me a little bit embarrassing."

"Crikey, mate. You're far safer dealing with crocodiles and western diamondback rattlesnakes than the executives and the producers and all those sharks in the big MGM building."

"I bled a lot. I got hit across the face. We couldn't film for seven days. I got whacked, underwater, across the face. I finished the shot, got into the boat and blood started coming out."

"I get called an adrenaline junkie every other minute, and I'm fine with that."

"I have no fear of losing my life. If I have to save a koala or a crocodile or a kangaroo or a snake, mate, I will save it."

"I would never blame an animal if it bit me, because I'm at fault, not them. I heal so quickly. If you cut my arm off I would grow a new one."

"I'm high as a kite, mate. I'm flat out like a lizard drinking, all the time. You know I have trouble just sitting here. You know, I'm just like, got to get up."

via

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I watched one episode of Croc Hunter and he was looking for a certain spitting cobra snake. Well, he found it. Then he said, " I have to get me sunnies on so the venom doesn't get in my eyes." Sunnies, being sunglasses. My husband and I loved this and still call sunglasses, "Sunnies".

I felt like I lost a friend, even though I never met Steve. What a gift he gave to the world.