Saturday, September 16, 2006

I was flying

Pt-nuviSmallI got a nüvi 350 GPS for my car and motorcycle.  We had to do a little work to get it configured (powered) on my bike, but it’s working now thanks to the ever-amazing tinkering skills of son-in-law Seth.

It’s really a great little system from GarminThe nüvi is a portable GPS navigator, traveler’s reference, and digital entertainment system, all in one. Combined with detailed maps, the nüvi provides automatic routing, turn-by-turn voice directions, and finger-touchscreen control—making it easy to find your way anywhere.

As you can see below it shows the direction headed, local roads and your speed.  You can zoom in or out by touching the plus or minus buttons on the touch screen.   As you can see from this screenshot, I was really fling thru Atlanta.  Well, I was actually flying OVER Atlanta… and was playing with the unit on a flight home from Florida a few days back. 
104

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool. But is it waterproof?

Jonco said...

Unfortunately it's not waterproof. They make some that are, but this one got the best reviews and had the features I wanted most. I also figured that I try my best not to ride in the rain and probably wouldn't be using it too much in the rain.
However, saying that, we just returned from a bike trip to Branson MO and Jill (as we call it now, because of the Text To Speech voice I chose) spent most of the trip down there tucked away in a dry place as it rained most of the way there. But she worked flawlessly the remainder of the trip.
Jonco