Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Stormy weather

Peace River.jpg

It seems to rain here every afternoon and/or evening.  This is a view of a fishing pier on the Peace River from the Port Charlotte Florida side.  On the other side of the river is Punta Gorda Florida.  I was trying to catch some lightning in the picture but wasn’t able to. We got a pretty good rain yesterday…and it’s thundering now.   The days have been sunny and warm.  Not as much humidity as back in St. Louis.   My aunt lives in a mobile home park on the Peace River. 

It was two years ago the 13th of next month (August) that hurricane Charley struck this area.   I can still see buildings that were heavily damaged by Charley.   I’m assuming that the owners didn’t have insurance as the reason they haven’t be rebuilt or torn down.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HI from Venice! Been reading forever and Had no idea you were in FL also.

Jonco said...

Venice! Yeah, right down the road.
I flew back to St. Louis Friday night. I'll be going back in a couple of weeks as my aunt was transferred to a hospital in Sarasota from Port Charlotte for specialized therapy after a light stroke. The pood dear is 91... and her body is just wearing out.